Friday, November 11, 2011

New Weight Bench

I hate going to the gym. No, I don't mean I hate working out, I just hate going to the public membership gym-you know, the one that's packed most nights? I used to like going to the gym, but this is a weird town, kinda' small, a lot of college kids, and the young people don't have any manners and they don't put the weights away.
Leg Press Machine, as I often find it.......
 
Bunch of dickheads don't put their weights away. What is up with that?

So, having the day off today I went on a hunt for a decent weight bench I could add to my backyard squat rack, so that I might actually be able to get a decent workout from my backyard setup and sometimes skip that awful trip to the shitty public gym............

It's amazing how few choices there are in decent weight benches out there. I finally found one on sale at Dicks, for $112.00, but I needed a ratchet wrench to put it together. I finally found one at Home Depot, a kit, for around $19.00. I don't have a pre-picture, 'cuz I didn't expect to be smashing the fuck out of it with a rubber mallet, but I do have a post picture of the remains.

So I get the bench home in the box in parts, and I proceed to begin to put it together, but first I have to get the new ratchet set out of the plastic kit-box. I then discover, after about 15 minutes of trying, that there is no apparent way to actually open the kit to get the proper size ratchet piece out to fit to the new wrench. So I attempt to open this thing up, by totally muscling it apart, but my hand slips and I cut my thumb on the thing. I then lost my temper and smashed it to smithereens with a rubber mallet:

 My solution for hard-to-open packages

Blood on the new Husky wrench from my sliced thumb

Current state of my Husky wrench kit

Still, the bench was completely assembled. 

Take that, punk-ass Husky wrench kit!


No comments: