Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Watch

I got this unique-looking Seiko watch for my birthday. I'm at the age where I hate birthdays, but I still like getting gifts! Actually I received a little cash and then I picked this out on Amazon. It has a slight scratch on the crystal, and it was the last one in existence it seems, so I got a discount. I am looking forward to wearing this next time I go somewhere nice. I usually don't buy nice watches because they end up broken-I like G-Shocks- but I couldn't pass this up. Hopefully it's tougher than it looks, but I'll try to save it mainly for weddings and funerals. It's very retro/1950's/Jetsons. Here it is:

Seiko Retro-Kinetic



By the way, the watch arrived with an over-sized band, and I couldn't seem to remove the links to fit it to my wrist properly, so I brought it to Wolfgang's Jewelers in Okeechobee. Let me tell you, Mr. Wolfgang did a great job of removing the links and fitting this watch perfectly to my wrist in under 5 minutes for $5.00.

Wolfgang's Jewelers

These guys are really good. I highly recommend them. That's the weird thing about Okeechobee. You think you're in this hick town, but the local professional people are usually very capable, because if you suck you won't last long in such a small town. That's my theory anyway.

No comments: