Thursday, December 15, 2011

Electronic Junk

Be careful which electronic gadgets you invest in these days.

I have noticed some recent failures of some normally dependable types of electronic gadgets of mine. I bought  these at Best Buy and I'm thinking it might now be a good idea to start buying the gadget-failure insurance they always offer at checkout. This is not your Grandfather's Walkman or transistor radio that still works fine to this day. I guess the standards have dropped to shit-level quality and everything is eventually a throwaway in short order.

$42.00 + tax, and it craps out after 6 months. Of course the receipt was nowhere to be found.

My Sansa Clip 4 gb .mp3 player, ($49.99) conked out after less than a year.  I dug my 3 year-old 2 gb Sansa out of a drawer. It still works fine, but this one is junk.

 Geek Squad USB stick ($12.99) stopped working in under a year. Luckily I had backed it up to a external hard-drive

2005 80 gb Western Digital Hard Drive ($100), loaded with data, not recognized by Windows 7 machines

Buyer beware...........

No comments: